Making the Most of Your Free Windows Store Invoice App
Looking for a free Windows Store invoice app? If you are a small business owner, an entrepreneur, or a freelancer, it is very much in your best interest to investigate the options out there and download the one that strikes you as most useful.
Why is this? Because in the end, invoicing is what you might call a necessary evil. All business owners have to do it. If you don’t invoice, you won’t get paid. And yet, nobody really likes to invoice. Not only is it tedious and boring, but it can eat up a lot of your time.
The answer is—yes—to download a free Windows Store invoice app. Using your app, you can automate the process. You can ensure that invoicing happens consistently and accurately, with minimal input needed from you. This, in turn, frees your time to be better spent on sales, business development, strategy, and other essential entrepreneurial functions.
But all of this may sound a little too simple to you. So you download a free Windows Store invoice app. Then what? How do you use it effectively? How do you make sure you’re getting as much out of it as possible?
We have some general tips for using your free Windows Store invoice app, listed in the bullet points that follow.
Using Your Free Windows Store Invoice App
To make the best use of your free Windows Store invoice app, follow these tips:
- To begin with, make sure you really know how to use the app in question. Watch the demo video, if one is provided. Import your client data and spend a little time just exploring, getting comfortable with the app and its features.
- Customize your invoices. You may begin with a generic template, but don’t keep it generic. Affix your company logo and full contact information to each invoice. Add personalized notes or comments as you deem it appropriate.
- Make sure you are invoicing at the right time. For a one-time project, this means invoicing as soon as the work is complete or the product ships. For recurring customers, make sure you have a set time to invoice them each month, and that they know what day their invoice is coming. Don’t allow for any surprises in the invoicing process!
- Make sure all the elements are in place on your invoices. These include not just the professional identifications we mentioned above, but also the client’s name and contact information; an itemized breakdown of products and services rendered; and a list of your payment terms, including when the payment is due and what the penalties are for late payments.
- As for that last part, make sure you have some clear, written policies for payment terms and delinquencies. Be consistent in enforcing them, and make sure you articulate them to clients, preferably before you do any work for them. Written disclosures of payment policies are always welcome.
- Even in invoicing, there is something to be said for good manners. Studies have shown that the invoices that say please and thank you are the ones most likely to get paid promptly!
- Make sure you use your free Windows Store invoice app to monitor delinquent or almost-late payments, and send reminders to those who aren’t paying you promptly. Communication is the key.
Invoicing is probably never going to be your favorite aspect of business ownership, but you are always going to have to do it. Using a free Windows Store invoice app can make the process much less painful, so download one today!
Published on: May 13, 2015